Cyber Liability Insurance
Cyber Liability Insurance Information
Cyber security risks threaten business of all sizes and industries. Cyberattacks and data breaches can compromise confidential data, and your business may responsible for paying expenses associated with these events.
Cyber security insurance can help cover the related costs and reduce your business’s out-of-pocket burden. Reach out to our team at Texas Risk Solutions, LLC. We serve the greater San Antonio, Texas, area and can help you secure the coverage your need.
How Does Cyber Security Insurance Work?
Cyber security insurance may also be known as cyber liability insurance or cyber insurance. It functions similarly to other insurance policies in that the policyholder pays a premium in exchange for financial assistance after a covered cause of loss.
What Does Cyber Security Insurance Cover?
Cyber security insurance may cover data breaches caused by internal or external parties. Common cyber risks covered by this insurance includes:
· Failures of computer systems
· Cyber extortion
· Inadvertent releases of data
· Malicious destruction of data
· Malware attacks
These cyber incidents and others can affect both you and your clients. Cyber security policies may provide payments to:
· Send notifications to impacted parties regarding the data breach.
· Cover lost revenue due the business interruption caused by the cyber security event.
· Utilize public relations and crisis management to repair damage to your business’s reputation.
· Recover or restore lost data.
· Provide credit monitoring services to affected parties.
· Cover expenses related to cyber extortion.
· Investigate the cause of the data breach or cyberattack.
· Cover legal costs resulting from third-party lawsuits connected to the cyberattack or data breach (e.g., defense costs, settlements and judgments).
Policies may cover other costs associated with a cyber security event. Contact your agent for information on terms, limits and exclusions.
What Is the Cost of Cyber Security Insurance?
The cost of cyber security insurance depends on several factors that may impact your premiums, including:
· Coverage needs and limits
· The amounts and types of data your business stores (e.g., credit card, health or other confidential personal information)
· Security measures in place
· Your industry
· Your claims history
These variables and others may be used when determining the policy’s price. Connect with an agent to get a quote.
How To Get Cyber Security Insurance
Reach out to Texas Risk Solutions to secure the cyber security insurance your business needs. Our agents are ready to help.